Sunday, July 6, 2008

Cedar Hill Cemetery

For a kid, what spells F-U-N like a day at the cemetery? Nothing, that's what! Heh.

I took my kiddo to Cedar Hill Cemetery today, to walk around and look at gravestones and take pictures. I had fun, and I think Lila did too....it was pretty and she could run around and there were flowers and bugs for her to look at.

There are lots of old city founders and pioneers buried there, and some neat grave markers, too. I saw a few that were fashioned to look like trees, which is very cool. I really liked those.

I was farting around with the camera, and here are some pics:



Tree-shaped gravestones



A gravesite for a little Mexican boy who died around the turn of the 20th century






Pretty flowers growing on a gravesite



1 comment:

Jason said...

Nice pics nothing beats a boneyard to make you feel alive.
"You may bury my body
down by the highway side
spoken: Baby, I don't care where you bury my
body when I'm dead and gone
You may bury my body, ooh
down by the highway side
So my old evil spirit
can catch a Greyhound bus and ride"-Robert Johnson, Me and the Devil Blues