Saturday, July 12, 2008

The Train Museum is pretty darn cool

Kidlet and I went to the Colorado Railroad Museum yesterday! It was the first time for both of us, and I thought it was really neat. Trains, and the history of railroads in this country, are interesting to me. Like, starting back in the 1880s, Colorado Midland Railroad had a wildflower excursion train that took people up to the beautiful Colorado mountain fields that were brimming with wildflowers...and they actually had photo processing equipment and a darkroom on the train so that the people could buy pictures of their trip when they got back to the station. Starting back in the 19th century, this was--I had no idea that gimmick had started all the way back then! Good old USA capitalism.

Oh, and Bear picked out her own outfit yesterday. She's so cool. :)






6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great photos of Lila! Cool place to visit. That wild flower tour sounds like it must have been a real event for folks at that time!

Jason said...

Seriously Sarah, we must get together soon and drink a little whiskey. I love railroad history. Did Justin mentioned next summer, we really need to plan at least a week if not two doing something funm

Sarah said...

Yes. And neither of us can flake! Flaker no flaking! (sorry, Dora's on the brain I guess)

Jason said...

lol gotta love Dora!

Beth said...

Curtis and I visited the railroad museum with my parents last time I was in town. He's a HUGE train buff, so he pretty much took off like a rocket to look at trains while we waited for him on a nice bench!

Sarah said...

Beth, somehow I can totally imagine that scenario.... ;)