Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Hey, I'm a finalist!

Well, alright!

I got an email this morning informing me that an essay I wrote is in contention for a grand prize trip for 4 to either Disneyland or World. WOW! I pretty much entered on a whim. I really want to take Lila to Disneyland, so I've been entering any and all Disney trip sweeps that I can find. But, I usually stay away from essay contests because I feel like my writing skills are not up to par. Since this sweep was for a trip to Disney, I decided to give it a shot.

Here is the link to where the finalist entries will be posted, although they aren't up yet.

http://www.coolcookie.com/0806/ourpicks_disney.asp

I know this is cliche, but honestly, I'm happy just to have been chosen as a finalist. It has built my confidence for essay contests and I think I'll be entering them more. That said.....think good thoughts that the judges pick me and I can take my kid to The Mouse House!

1 comment:

Jason said...

Ahh not a surprise, "writing skills" based on your scrabble performance if you can put the words in you head in any sort of intelligible order, you would be a ringer for any essay prize.