Friday, August 15, 2008

Rainy Days and Sundays.....

are totally wonderful and The Carpenters were completely wrong.

It's a beautiful, rainy, chilly day here...perfect. I adore the rain. Sadly, I live in a state that is not known for its dreary, drizzly days---summer thunderstorms are nice but don't last long, and one of our state's mottos is that we get more than 300 days of sunshine a year. Nice for most people, but I'm not most people. I much prefer dripping, wet, gray days. And when I get them, I savor them...

So today, baby girl, beagle dog and I loaded into the car and drove around, enjoying the rain. I made her a big travel mug of hot chocolate and I made myself a big steaming mug of earl grey. It was a soothing and lovely outing...rainy days (and Sundays, for that matter) rule.

2 comments:

angela said...

I love the rain too! And we DO NOT get enough of them. I think you might get a rainy Sunday this week - perfect!

Beth said...

You need to move to Seattle in the winter, then! But today it's sunny and almost 90, eek....

One thing you get out there that we don't get here is thunderstorms, and I'm completely jealous of that!